Home | News | Search | Weather | Dictionary | Contact Us
- Friends of Connecticut's State Parks, http://www.friendsctstateparks.net/friends.htm, aims to "support Connecticut's state parks, forests and conservation areas through . . . education, advocacy, and public awareness, to protect and preserve Connecticut's great legacy of natural resources and historical treasures."
- Green.gov, http://www.green.gov/, is an organization that encourages people to plant trees, make a garden or to work towards saving an important natural resource.
- The National Audubon Society, http://www.audubon.org/, has a mission to "conserve and restore natural ecosystems, focusing on birds and other wildlife for the benefit of humanity and the earth's biological diversity".
- The National Wildlife Federation, http://www.nwf.org/, is the nation's largest member-supported conservation group, uniting individuals, organizations, businesses and government to protect wildlife, wild places, and the environment.
- The Nature Conservancy, http://www.tnc.org/, preserves habitats and ecosystems through land conservation.
Note: These websites were suggested by students in the on-line Environmental Studies course. See more of their work on the explorations page